Monday, June 2, 2008

Credit Card Woes

I try to be a nice person. Really I do. But I'm so mad right now that I can't even type right. I totally unloaded on some poor unsuspecting Bank of America Customer service guy but I've had it up to here! I knew about a month ago that I was charged twice for my "dog in my suitcase" payment when I took Noah to Charlotte. I tried to remedy it then, but each time I talked to the customer service people there, I kept getting cut off - after there was no 1-800 number I could find nor someone actually in customer service. Tonight when I finally received my BOA statement, they had the number for the Charlotte NC Summerfield Suites I stayed at. Anyone who knows me (I would hope) knows that I try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt, but "they" caught me after a particularly bad day and a few glasses of wine on an empty stomach. Supposedly now, after 1 hour with two different customer service reps from both BOA and Summerfield Suites, I "should" be credited - Miss Kruse. We'll see! I hate to go Medieval on people's butts - normally it pains me more than them - but I've been a loyal customer to BOA, oh wait, MBNA, for 15 years. I guess I should feel totally assured after losing basically an hour of my life that I will NEVER get back, that all is well. I've been assured that before - and it pains me tremendously to think that all will one day become online - that's why I don't like online bill paying, even online room reservation, because this all stems from never having talked to someone who I can actually say, "and what is your name, and how can I reach you?". UGH! I swear to God, and I'm trying not to swear so much these days, if there is still an extra charge beyond the already outrageous price I paid for a less than "comfortable" room, you will hear my screams from miles away as they take me to the loony bin . . . . Thanks for listening - I strangely feel somehow better now :-)

No comments: