Sunday, November 9, 2008

November Rain

Regrouping from two weeks straight without a day off. Drill was last weekend and it was a long week prior to and since. Yesterday I basically vegged out all day and today I'm playing catch up with all the things I've let slide, including bills and blogs. Mark and I decided to take tomorrow off and the government has graciously given us off Veteran's Day on Tuesday, so it's almost like we've got a mini-vacation. The weather has been a bit dreary but it makes for a nice opportunity to curl up with a good book.

This afternoon is going to be a bit tough though, because Mom and I are attending the funeral of a woman who was like a second Mom to me. I spent many days and weekends at the Mercer household while I was growing up, and now we've got to say goodbye to Mrs. Mercer. She is definitely in a better place where there is no suffering and nothing but peace and joy, and we will see her again someday - that is a comforting thought.

No comments: