Sunday, May 20, 2007

Too Long Gone

Where has the time gone? Can't believe it's been a few weeks already since I posted last. Sure was a lot easier to post while taking a break during work - faster computer there but probably not what I should be doing during the duty day - hehe. Must get DSL here at home - dial up is toooo slow.

May is flying by - Mother's Day was very nice - went to Mel's Crow's Nest- http://www.anchorsawaymarina.com/crowsnest/ - Love that Place - with the folks and then went for a walk on Catawba Island back in some hiking trails on cemetery road. Other than being just a bit muddy, it was a nice and relaxing walk. We did see some poison ivy along the trail but thankfully none of us got any on our skin. I used to get it so bad that it would drive me crazy.

We've also had a few retirement parties at work in the last couple of weeks. While I love the partying part, I'm very sad to see these people go. We've all been through a lot together and it won't be the same there without them. There are so many young kids coming up through the ranks and so many of those (to whom I was a protege) leaving that I'm realizing that I am now becoming one of the old farts in the unit. It doesn't seem possible that I've been in the military for nearly twenty years. I remember stepping on the plane to leave for basic training as if it were just yesterday. April 4th, 1988 - kids in the unit now weren't even born then - oh my gosh - I'm OLD!

Tomorrow is my sister Lisa's birthday - woo who - hope her present gets there on time. I'm such a procrastinator that I'll probably be late for my own funeral . . .

No comments: