Tuesday, May 29, 2007

A Lovely Day Off

I had decided to make it a four day weekend and boy was I glad. This turned out to be a beautiful day. After an already fun weekend, including an awesome family graduation party, today was spent sleeping in and watching chick flicks (Love Actually and Notting Hill). Then I decided to take a dip in the condo pool. Now mind you, the pool is about the size of a postage stamp, (and each of the 30 units spent $50 to get new pool furniture - must be inlaid with gold or something) but it was cool and refreshing and I was the only one in it. I'm reading an enlightening book entitled For the Love of God, Handbook for the Spirit. It includes writings from The Dalai Lama, Mother Teresa, Barbara De Angelis and many others, and it was sent to me while serving in Iraq --- did I mention I procrastinate from time to time? Anyway, I've actually taken the time to do some reading instead of so much TV watching, and this has been delightful. The only fly in the ointment was that I had difficulty actually getting inside the fence of the pool. The key the condo association provided would go into the lock, but it wouldn't turn. Now I was determined not to let this ruin my day, so I did what any red blooded American would do. I hopped the fence. No cops came with guns a blazin' so I think I'll be OK, although in the next newsletter, I'll bet somebody puts a "gentle reminder" in to use the key instead of bounding over the fence. The condos have eyes . . .

No comments: