Monday, March 2, 2009

Is there any such thing as truly quick and easy chicken?

OK, so I google-searched a recipe for this and have yet to find one. Maybe I need to search quick and easy chicken recipes that don't require any ingredients other than the chicken . . . . I'm attempting to surprise Mark with lunch and we've got this chicken we need to cook so I thought, how hard can this be? Obviously a bit harder than I thought - I guess I can't cook anything without Parmesan cheese or sour cream - both of which I do not have on hand. Oh wait - I just remembered I have two cookbooks in the cupboard that friends of mine bought for me. There has got to be something in there for chicken. One book is "Cooking for Idiots" and the other is "The Three Ingredient Recipe Cookbook". Yes, my friends know me and they love me :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Laurie...do you have salt, pepper and flour? Salt and pepper the chicken. Put some flour in a plastic bag. Put a few pieces of chicken in the bag at a time. Seal the bag, shake. Put the floured chicken on a baking sheet or 9"x13" pan sprayed with Pam. Bake at 350 for 30 to 45 minutes. Should be pretty good. I am sure how ever you ended up fixing it was good! This is the way my father-in-law fixed chicken when he put us all on a diet! Thanks for reminding me...loved that man! See you tomorrow! Kim