Sunday, April 29, 2007

Can you say Procrastinator?

Why do I always do this to myself? Each time I have a deadline for something I wait until the absolute last minute to get it done. It's a wonder I survived high school much less college. I am a total crammer when it comes to studying. The only trouble is, I can't cram like I used to. For the first hour or two my mind is still trying to wrap around the fact that I'm actually using it again . . . Tomorrow I have to take my Operations Management Journeyman Career Development Course Exam. It consists of three books containing military and civil engineering "stuff". And God love the Air Force and Air National Guard. The test I take covers information from an Air Force Program IWIMS that we don't even use in the Air Guard. But to be awarded my AFSC - Air Force Speciality Code, I have to take the test on that program. Thankfully they waivered my formal school or I'd have spent six weeks at some Air Force Base learning stuff I'd never be using. It is actually good for my brain, I guess, to try to comprehend new concepts, but I'd much rather be spending the day off doing something more fun. And whose fault is this anyway? Ummmm - let's see - I've had four months to read, study and learn this stuff and I'm doing it the day before the test - hmmm - guess it's my own fault . . .

I'm posting when I should be studying - another attempt to fend off the inevitable. I must study! If I keep finding other things to do, I'll be pulling an all-nighter just to squeak by on this test - wonder what the minimum passing score is? Yep, I think I'll be a minimalist on this one.
Speaking of finding anything else to do to keep from studying, I think I just figured out how to actually put a link in a post - let's try . . .

http://www.lauriedoll.blogspot.com


too cool - it works - but now I've noticed it put 7:15am in as the time I posted. It's like thinking I'm on Pacific Time. I need to figure out how to fix that. But no, I've GOT TO STUDY - OK, I'm turning the computer off now . . .

No comments: