Thursday, August 9, 2007

Gheesh

It's been for-like-ever since I've posted. I didn't even realize just how long until I came up here to pack for our 3 days of war games and walked by the computer. Actually I was looking for an excuse to put off packing - I HATE PACKING - especially when I've got to pack military stuff, civilian toiletries and stuff, flashlights, gerbers, yadayadayada for three days of fun and sun. Actually it looks like it is supposed to be a pretty good weekend. One time we did one of these three day deals in May and we all came out of our tents in the morning and there was snow on the ground - yep - that was a hoot!

Lots of stuff has been going on lately - too much to mention - but all in all things have been chugging right along. The summer has flown by and I haven't done much in the way of vacation type things. We finally have the waverunners here at the condo but still haven't had a chance to put them in the water. Maybe after the end of next week we'll be able to take off a few days and actually get away from work. I feel like I've been eating and sleeping it here lately.

S'pose I should go pack now and get a good night's sleep if possible since the next two will be spent in a big moldy stinky tent with 11 other girls on old cots that are falling apart with extreme cold weather sleeping bags - I swear I don't remember this in the Air Force brochures, but it's a fun bonding time none-the-less. Green eggs for breakfast anyone?

No comments: