Monday, August 20, 2007

Killer Camping Trip

I survived the field exercise but basically slept this past weekend away. Twelve days straight in Air Force mode was a bit much, but at least it didn't really rain much. I can handle being hot or cold but I hate working in wet uniforms, sleeping in a wet cot, wearing wet boots etc.

Friday night was fun though. The cops came to the old watering hole. It was kind of ironic, because I had just told friends of mine earlier that evening that even if it looks a bit scary on the outside, the Wharf Lounge is a great place with cold and cheap beer and lots of fun characters - it really is. Well, while my friends were on their way back from Put In Bay to meet us for a drink, I had to text them that if they saw cops to keep on going - too funny. There was just a bit of a squabble but no blood was shed - Thank God - we're lovers, not fighters :-) Had to have a shot of tequila to round the night out - it was a trip!

I'm hoping to take a few days off this weekend if the weather warms up and dries up. The wave runners haven't even been in the water yet - if I don't take a few days off, I'm afraid they won't make it to the water.

All is well for the most part, but my Mom's not been feeling well lately. They're trying to get her blood pressure medicine figured out but it's been making her nauseous and weak - that really worries me, because my Mom never stays sick for long - she always bounces right back. I guess you never realize how much to be thankful for for both your health and the health of those you love until sickness comes into your life. I'm going to go visit in a day or two when her strength is up a bit. I'll take my little four legged friend - he always has a way of cheering the whole family up.

Hey, can you believe it's almost September? Bring on the Bears!!!!!

No comments: