Thursday, November 15, 2007

Pure Joy

I'm probably a freak for saying this but one of the funniest, most athletic things I do anymore is play hide and seek with my dog. It never ceases to amuse the heck out of me. Again tonite I come home and do as that goofy commercial does and call for my dog - what does that guy say? Mr. Barky Von Schnauzer? or something like that . . . . while I admit Noah's name isn't quite that "obnoxious", I do feel that he's somewhat confused because Noah sounds a lot like NO and then a sigh or something. Anyway, I call for him and then we chase each other around the condo for about 15 minutes (I'm sure the neighbors LOVE US). It just tickles the crap outta me because he's so smart. He'll hide under the bed when I get too close, which is perfect, because he won't come out until he hears me thunder down the hall or down the steps. Well tonite I fooled him. I quietly (which for those who actually know me will find hard to believe - I am not a quiet person in the least) sat on the bed 'til I caught my breath (which took a while cuz I'm so outta shape). Then I ever-so-slowly and stealthily snuck my way to the bathroom. Now I've hidden behind the bathroom door before, but tonite I was truly on a roll ---- I hid behind the shower curtain in the tub (got my socks soaking wet but it was worth it). Then I "pitter patted" with my hand on the wall to lure my 4-legged friend out from under the bed. He took the bait and went galloping down the hall and down the steps. He quickly realized that he'd been outsmarted and came back into the bathroom and looked behind the door ---- I could've perhaps kept the game going, but I laughed so hard when I saw his face peering behind that door, that I unfortunately gave up my hideout when he heard the giggling from behind the curtain. He smiled (I swear he really does) and we rested for a minute or so, and I realized, yes, that is pure joy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Laurie
I drop in fairly often to read your blog and have been reading it since you were in Iraq. Your sense of humor is so refreshing and I can always count on a smile when I read your bits... this particular entry had me laughing out loud just imagining the "smile" on Noah's face !
Kristi

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your nice comments and thanks for reading Kristi!