Sunday, January 20, 2008

I LOVE FOOD

We're doing this Biggest Loser thing at work and actually it's given me a kick in the pants to try to get back in shape in 08 BUT it seems that the more I'm supposed to be watching what I eat, the more I want to eat . . . my subconscious is feeling all starved or something and it's getting an attitude. I'm doing ok with the workout routine a few times a week although I need to step it up a bit - walking on the treadmill at 1.9mph and 0% grade while watching a movie isn't exactly working up a sweat :-).

But it's the food - I'm constantly thinking about it. Plus, I've been out to eat twice this week - once to The Garden for Dad's Birthday on Thursday - Happy Birthday Dad! - and once to Red Lobster - last night at 9:30pm after going to the mall to have my ring sized. It sure was good though - both times. I had the Salmon Rockefeller at The Garden and I skipped the garlic mashed potatoes with gravy and instead had the oriental vegetables which were excellent as well. Couldn't entirely pass up desert so I had coffee with Bailey's - yum yum! Last night I had the broiled seafood platter - but desert was a daiquiri. I'm really sacrificing here ---it's just kinda funny because the more I think about what I'm putting into my mouth, the more I put into my mouth. We have our first weigh in on Friday and we have to pay a buck a pound for each pound we've gained since our initial weigh in a few weeks ago. Hope I don't have to cough up $10.

No comments: