Monday, January 7, 2008

Happy New Year

It's been far too long since I've posted - if I had a dime for each time I said that I'd be rich - but so much has gone on in the last few weeks. It was a wonderful, wonderful Christmas and New Year's Eve! My Sister Lisa surprised us with a visit and we went to our watering hole - the Wharf Lounge - and on to the Port Clinton Fish Flop as my buddy Crosser likes to call it. It was our first time - too funny! Then we stopped into the VFW for a cocktail and headed back home. Lisa came to see . . . my engagement ring! Yep, I can't believe it - I'm engaged! It's the most beautiful thing I've EVER seen - Mark did an awesome job picking it out all by himself. You should see the diamond earrings that go along with it - WOW!

I won't go into all the details of the proposal here because I couldn't describe it in a way that would do it justice - it was just so magical, and mere words would be woefully inadequate - suffice it to say that I was floored and am still on cloud 9! We've got no date set yet, and with the two of us procrastinators, we might get hitched by 2020 - just kidding Mom - I'm guessing it'll be maybe this fall or next spring - we'll see - I just can't believe it - I've got a great guy and I'm a very lucky girl!

Other than that, we're trying to get back into the swing of working all week each week again and we had drill this past weekend, so our butts are draggin' already today and we've got four more days to go . . . although depending upon the goodness or the badness of the BCS Championship Game tonight, I might just hafta take tomorrow off - bosses are out of town and I've got plenty of leave on the books so we'll just wait and see.

GO BUCKS!!!!

No comments: