Sunday, January 27, 2008

That's It???

We had our first biggest loser weigh in on Friday and in the past two weeks I've lost (drumroll) 1.7 lbs. Yeah, that's it. But on the flip side I at least didn't gain any and have to pay money. However, I did learn that as we go if we gain weight from the previous weigh in, we still hafta pay - I was under the false hope that as long as we didn't go over our initial weigh in, we wouldn't have to fork over any dough. This really is going to be a challenge. It has been fun though and my team won the overall most weight lost and most % lost so we're on FIRE - thanks Sam - he was our biggest team loser overall - he ROCKS! So after two weeks, the "E" team is the BOMB! We need to have an "E" team nickname - "E" for Exceptional - or Elephants - or Expedient - or --- maybe something better will come to us if we put our heads together . . . .

We played volleyball for an hour or so on Friday and I have to admit, not only am I out of shape, but I think I've become a bit of a wussy. I was whining about every little ache and pain but I swear there for a moment that I sprained my wrist or something - it's sore as heck, along with the rest of my body. I could hardly get out of bed yesterday. Gettin' old sucks! Hopefully I can turn it all around and end up feeling 18 again if I can keep up the exercise and start eating better. I think that's going to be my biggest challenge - I just love food, and beer, and wine and desserts . . . . Moderation is the key, though - like two Hershey kisses instead of two bags . . . .

2 comments:

Mellen said...

Come hang out with me and swim, run and NOT EAT!!!! Woooo hoooooo!!!!! How much fun would WE have?!?!?!? :)

Anonymous said...

Sounds great - and then we can stop on the way home for a glass of wine - yum yum!