Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Groovin'

Kelley's turned out great - what a fun time we had! The weather was just about ideal. We drove a golf cart all around the island all day, stopped at the winery for cheese and beverages and ate at the Captain's Corner. We also checked out the Glacier Grooves - didn't even know they were there . . . I know, I know, world famous grooves due to their size and accessibility and I didn't even know they were there. Here are the parental units at the grooves - it was a wee bit hot after the climb so they are looking really thrilled - but seriously, it ended up being very educational and quite interesting. http://www.kelleysislandnature.com/kelleys_island/about_kelleys.htm

It's been quite the busy week thus far. I've got a Master Sergeant here from the Kansas Air National Guard, Selina, and she's been helping me all week to prepare for this big inspection we're having in July. She's been a Godsend and I wish she could stay for a month to help me get everything in tip top shape - we've been working some long hours, but we're going to try to get out on time tomorrow and I can't decide where to take her out to dinner. We ate at Phil's Inn for lunch yesterday because she loves Italian, but I'm wondering if I should take her to Margaritaville's for something different - that's not a bad idea - "if" she likes Mexican.

Trying to get back into shape again and realizing that the longer I put it off the more it hurts. Ran about a mile after work tonight and it was quite relaxing - I probably won't be able to get out of bed in the am, but it was fun at the time.

Time for some dinner and perhaps a glass of vino . . .

No comments: